Our boiler and central heating cover plans represent great value and peace of mind, knowing that if anything goes wrong, we’re just a phone call away.
Boiler Cover Plans
Affordable cover plans for your home’s boiler and central heating system.
We will provide all materials and labour, dependent on your level of cover in order to carry out and complete repairs to your domestic heating system in the event of a failure, breakdown or similar occurrence. Our cover plans provide access to trained engineers who will attend at the earliest mutually convenient appointed time.
Boiler Service and System
- Emergency Call Out Priority
- Boiler Repairs – Labour & Parts
- Annual boiler Service
Boiler & Central Heating System
- Everything in our Bronze Plan
- Central heating system, including pump, radiator valves, pipework, control valves
- Time clocks, programmers and room thermostats
- Repairs to gas pipework after the meter
- Repairs only to hot water cylinders and immersion heaters
Boiler & Central Heating System +
- Everything in our Bronze and Silver plans
- Hot and cold water pipes from the internal mains stopcock
- Cold water storage tank
- Damaged parts caused by sludge*
- Leaking over flow pipes
- Standard ball valves and toilet siphon.**
- Pipes that have burst as a result of cold weather
- Waste pipes from sinks and baths (above ground only)
*Read our Care plans Terms & Conditions
**The cover does not include discontinued or ball and siphons that we are not able to source
Cover Plan FAQs
Learn more about what is and isn’t covered with our boiler cover plans.
Please see Exclusions in our Full Terms & Conditions
- Replacement of hot water cylinders and radiators
- Mains pressure cylinders
- Optimisers, wave controllers and all other similar ‘non-standard’ weather compensators
- Replacement taps, basins and toilets
- Repairing or replacing the mains cold water stopcock, water softeners, shower pumps and mixer valves, combined overflow and pop up waste mechanism, mechanical pumps, water filters, swimming pools, decorative garden features, rainwater pipes and guttering, macerators and electrical units for toilets
- Repairing or unblocking drains
We are proud that our customers regularly tell us that we are a reliable and trustworthy company
We have a team of accredited installers all trained to the highest standards, which means we are always able to respond within 24 hours
To us, all calls are important; however we always give priority to emergency calls
Our aim is to be a company who are a pleasure to deal with. We are continually looking for ways to improve our Customer Service
Call us to arrange your initial inspection 0191 431 2880
The initial inspection fee of £65.00 will be incorporated into your first year service plan cost once you have been accepted onto the Home Care Plan.
(Please see section: Initial Survey/Safety inspection)
Complete the application form attached ready for the initial service or inspection
Following a successful service or inspection we will confirm your acceptance onto the Home Care Plan.
Your cover will commence immediately.
Call our service line number!
Useful Boiler and Central Heating Information
Need help with your boiler and central heating? Take a look at our self-help section.
Many boiler and central heating queries can often be solved by checking the below.
For combination boilers please check that there is sufficient water pressure in the system. Please contact us for easy to follow advice.
Please check that all controls are set correctly and are calling for heat.
Most boilers are fitted with a reset button, knob or control. Please refer to your user instructions to check this control is correctly set and has not tripped out.
If your radiator/s are cold at the top and warm/ hot at the bottom, it is more than likely that they require bleeding. Please contact us for easy to follow advice.
LPG Fired Boilers
Please check that the pilot light has not gone out.
In the case of Combination boilers, please check that the water pressure gauge situated on the front of the boiler is reading at least 1 Bar or is in the green section. (The boiler will not work if the pressure is below 1 Bar/ the green section) please see item 1 above.
Gas Control Valve
Please make sure the main gas control valve situated on the meter or gas tank is turned fully on and has not been accidentally turned off.
Press reset button if applicable.
Always make sure everybody in your household knows where the Main Stopcock is located, that it can be accessed easily and that it is in working order.
Do not attempt DIY plumbing jobs if you are not totally confident and skilled. It is often cheaper to have a professional to complete the work rather than pay the cost of repairs and water damage following a failed DIY project.
Our cover plans represent great value and peace of mind, knowing that if anything goes wrong, we’re just a phone call away.